Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Children's Day

In honor of Children's Day (formerly Boys Day) in Japan I decided to take Dominick to zoo instead of school. He was super excited. We met our friends Owen and Eli and they were gracious enough to share some of their ride bracelets so we were able to ride everything. We rode the carousel about a "million times" according to Dominick. Poor Xander wasn't such a fan of riding the train or the carousel. He only wanted me to hold him on the carousel. After the third go round . . . I had had enough.

It was a fun fun day. But when we came home at 4pm I was exausted and had to get ready for work--not fun. Luckily it's been a quiet stream of questions--not enough to be busy but enough to keep me awake.

Mostly today was great because I got to hang out with my friend Amanda. She's just easy to be with, relaxed with her boys, and fun. Going to the zoo with just the boys is fun but so much better to have another mom to chat with while the boys study bird behavior or naked mole rats. I also loved watching Dominick and Owen, they are just really interested in the same types of things and seem to get each other. I haven't seen him interact in such a real way with to many other kids. He's so growing up.

It is a good thing that Children's Day is only once a year. I was tired but the boys were tired and hungry--Poor Dennis!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We had such a great time! Thanks again for all the fun! We're definitely going to need to make the most of this summer! :)