Sunday, May 29, 2011
Xander's New Bike!
Our big news--Xander has a bike he can ride! We filled out a form for an Amtryke at the PT. I didn't think we'd really ever get the bike. I checked out the website and there were lots of kids listed as on a waiting list. They all had pictures posted and I declined giving a photo so I thought mostly there was no chance. We finally bought a bike for Dominick--Xander got a helmet. He could kind of ride one of our trykes with these foot straps on the pedals--but he couldn't make it go himself.
Last week Dennis got a call from the pt and she said the bike was in and that it was free!!! These bikes cost over $700 which is why we thought there was no way we could ever afford one . . . they gave us one!!!
He still has to get used to it--but we rode all the way to the Tot Lot. It's also great because of the long handle in the back.
So grateful to the Ambucs organization for giving us this bike!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So great! What a big kid he looks like on that bike!!! Way to go Xander!!!
Post a Comment