Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Xander has his 2 year doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm almost excited as I really like our doctor and I like bragging up Xander :) His speech has just been exploding. He's up to 3-4 word sentences. Today Dominick was mad at him and started calling him names--big bad five-year-old names like stupid poo-poo head etc. Xander started adamantly proclaiming "I AM Xander!" Since Dom was getting a rise out of him the teasing continued with lovely proclamations like, "You're dumb" "I hate stupid baby dummies." So Dominick and I had a talk about saying not nice things and what stupid and dumb meant--not smart was the best I could come up with. Well Xander must have been listening because the next time Dominick called him dumb Xander countered with "I'm smart!" Blue's Clues has been teaching him well. Whenever we tell him he's cute he adds that he's smart too.

No comments: