Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yard Sale

We're getting ready for our first every yard sale this Saturday. Ready to get rid of most of our baby stuff--there were some really cute things I just couldn't get rid of yet. Hopefully I'll find them good homes or keep them for future grandkids--yikes! That seems very very far away.

Dominick's current obsessions (and by extension Xander's) are Cats, the Musical and chinchillas. Dennis is not a huge fan of musical theatre so he's pretty much going out of his mind. Hopefully we'll return the CD back to the library soon. When I told Dominick this he became very serious and told me that we could copy it onto another CD first. It all started when my dad picked up an audio tape of TS Elliots Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats. Dom loved it and of course I had to share that there was a musical version of it and we've watched some of the songs on youtube and then I got him the CD. We've all had Mr. Mistoffelees stuck in our heads.

Xander continues to be awed and in love with his brother. He's like a parrot repeating everything that Dominick asks or says. He also wants to do everything himself, like a big kid. Today he only wanted whole cherries so he could spit out the pits. Thank goodness it's bathnight--and thank goodness I'm at work :) He also really likes walking with hands, especially Dominick's. He's been doing one hand quite well which is very nice on the back. He is just a little scary on the stairs because he can't feel his feet but most of the time refuses to go down feet first, preferring the big kid way. I've ordered a step stool with sides I'm hoping this will offer him safer practice with stairs and a way for him to wash his hands and maybe help me cook. Today he wanted to make brownies with me--his requests and smiles melt my heart.

Clicking below are a few pictures and one of the boys "dancing" videos. Ever since we showed them Nattie and Jane's facebook videos Dominick has been obsessed with capturing his "dances" for the girls.

1 comment:

Mom to Bin and Oaxie said...

I love the kitty picture. You all look to be doing well. Your vacation pictures look fun. We are going on vacation in August. I am so ready!!!