Monday, August 10, 2009

Fun Fest 09

We had a great weekend back in North Manchester. Dominick described Fun Fest to me today (I was pretending to be Allie Finkle) : "What you do is wave at cars and they throw candy. It's mostly about classic cars but I really like the waving and throwing candy part." Needless to say the boys had a great time and came home with a ton of candy.

Xander was a bit freaked out by all the sirens that start the parade and then again by the clowns--happily the theme was "Under the Big Top" so there was NO shortage of clowns! My parents haven't been around Xander for a little while and they were a little shocked by how he's come into his own little personality. He's become quite contrary. "I not stinky, YOU'RE stinky." And throws his fair share of temper tantrums. But he's still quite snugly and lovable. He's quite taken by Uncle Daniel and once refused Dennis' offer of a pick up because he wanted Uncle Daniel.

Dominick has been going through some really good behavior recently. He's been really helpful or has fed the cats without being asked--things like that. One day Xander woke up at 4am and refused to go back to bed. I was so tired and explained that to him. As we were outside walking I thanked him for doing something and he told me he was "being extra helpful." So sweet. Of course he's had his fair share of trying times but on the whole we've been winding down the summer on a good note.

No comments: