Dominick lost his first tooth today. It has been wiggly for a LONG time. Last night every time he talked it wiggled in his mouth. He pulled it out at school and brought it home in a bag. Super excited. He even wrote a letter to the tooth fairy explaining where the tooth was. So excited!
A bit of guilt/sadness though, as we sat down to read tonight he held out his pinky and said (very fast) "Pinky promise it isn't you being the toothfairy" he then just reached out and grabbed my pinky. A pinky promise is pretty much as strong a promise as there is. I haven't broken one yet. But technically, I didn't really officially make this pinky promise . . . still a bit of mom guilt going on there.
I just tucked him in and did relaxation. We secured his note to the side of his bed. I offered to get a piece of tape was quickly told that "fairies are tiny. She won't be able to pull it." We had to make sure it was right-side up so she could read it and lightly attached with an old sticker.
He's growing up so fast but we're both still clinging to the little boyness for as long as we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment