Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dragon Party



Dominick is 6--he's now on two hands. We had a great party on Sunday. Dragon themed. It was a lot of fun. Amazing how much louder and more rambunctious the kids were compared to last year. On Monday Xander and I went with Dominick to school and stayed for the morning and lunch. I'm glad I got to share in his works and be there for the birthday celebration. He walked around the earth 6 times and each time around we'd talk about what he did as a baby, one year old etc. Mostly I shared where we lived--since that has changed a lot over his little life! He also got to be the line leader, a job he takes quite seriously--so cute to watch. I was really impressed with what a little leader he is in the classroom. It's really built into the montessori system. I sometimes wish more of the school Dominick came home, but I guess there is only so much self-control and most of it gets used up at school.

Xander has been doing his 5:30 am wake up thing . . . so he's just been a bit all over the place with his behavior. I think it's partially a lack of sleep and also just part of being 2.5. I remember 2.5 to 3.5 being a bit of a challenge for us with Dominick. Xander's a different creature but some of the clingyness and neediness seems familar.

No comments: