Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break--1 day to go!

How fast Dom's break has gone! Honestly, I was kind of dreading a week and a half of no school--it has been pretty wonderful. Lots of time with our new friends (not the best time to make new friends right before moving, but that's how we like to do it :) enjoying the zoo and children's museum--lots of things we'll miss so I feel this need to take advantage of what we have right now, and all summer-long.

It has been nice not to have to get anywhere at any particular time and nice to include Dominick in our shopping trips and excurtions. Last night we put Xander down at 6:15 he was so exhausted--Dom and I stayed up and sorted school papers (even managing to throw some his hard work away!) I had to explain that the reason we do worksheets and works is not to have the sheet but to learn--he seemed to like this. I've just been enjoying being with him, it's a good phase we're in right now. I just introduced him to Wicked which of course he's found one song he loves and he's been playing it on repeat--poor Dennis.

Xander . . . he's been going through a bit of a rough patch. I think the fact that he's decided to give up naps makes him downright miserable by 3:30. Hopefully he starts sleeping in and catching up on the sleep he needs. He is still quite adorable and loveable, asking for hugs, thanking me for hugging him, loving him.

Good kids.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We're sure glad you decided it wasn't too late to make new friends! :)